Wave Counts have long been a standard in trading. Barry's Top Dog Trading Toolkit uses a simple and incredibly effective method to measure and count waves. This MetaStock add-on is designed to locate with pin-point accuracy 16 unique entry patterns depending on where you are in a cycle. New trends are great opportunities to trade in conjunction with the current trend. As such, more established trends are prone to reversals and are good opportunity for counter trend trading.
Based on popular demand, this updated version includes new indicators, explorations and wave counts for Dr. Burns Momentum waves.
Top Dog Trading Toolkit gives you pattern setups for all cycles of these trends. These include:
- New Trends (opportunities in new trends that have great potential)
- Momentum (trades that are accelerating into an established trend)
- Long Trends (trades that are looking for reversal opportunities in an exhausted trend)
- Reversion to the mean (rubberband trades)
- Triangle pattern trades (breakout opportunities within and established trade)
All patterns use Barry Burns' "5 Energy"method of trading. This incorporates 5 non-correlated areas for identifying a good trading opportunity. They include:
- Support and Resistance
With all the patterns Top Dog Trading Toolkit provides specific entries, exits, and target prices. You also receive a detailed explanation with documentation of all the patterns at exactly the point where you are making critical trading decision
Of course, with the MetaStock Explorer you have the ability to scan the market to find your trading opportunities based on Top Dog Trading criteria.
Top Dog Trading Toolkit also features some incredibly unique drawing indicators. It will automatically plot support and resistance points . These include:
- Fibonacci levels
- Important cycle Support and Resistance
- Pivots levels
- Previous High Low Close (intraday use)
- Second Chance Levels
- Top Dog - Auto Fibonacci Lines
- Top Dog - Auto H/L/C
- Top Dog - Auto Swing Lines
- Top Dog - Floor Trader Pivots
- Top Dog - Momentum 3:1
- Top Dog - Momentum 3:1 w/ counts
- Top Dog - Momentum 5:1
- Top Dog - Second Chance lines - Price
- Top Dog - Second Chance lines - Stochastic
- Top Dog - Selective Pivots
- Top Dog - Stochastic 3:1
- Top Dog - Stochastic 5:1
- Top Dog 5:1 Confirmation - Long
- Top Dog 5:1 Confirmation - Short
- Top Dog 3:1 Confirmation - Long
- Top Dog 3:1 Confirmation - Short
- Top Dog DAD trades
- Top Dog Rubber Band trades
- Top Dog Trend trades
- Top Dog Triangles
- Top Dog Wave Counts
- Top Dog Wave 7 Reversals
- Top Dog Wave 9 Reversals
- Top Dog - Wave Counts
- TDT Daily Chart
- TDT Intraday Chart
- TDT Momentum Wave Counts
- TDT Weekly Chart
About Dr. Barry Burns
Dr. Barry Burns is a businessman who has owned several small companies. His business background had taught him to focus on the bottom line, so his study of the financial markets was for one purpose only - to make profits.
He started his study of the markets under the direction of his father, Patrick F. Burns, who became independently wealthy through trading and had over 70 years of trading experience before passing away in 2005.
Barry Burns furthered his education by reading over 100 books on trading and investing, and spent over $50,000 in trading courses and education.
In addition, he hired three professional traders to mentor him personally. He even flew to Chicago to work with a former floor trader at the Chicago Mercantile Exchange. All of this research and study resulted in insights which eventually led to the development of his own methodology.
A brief outline of accomplishments:
- Author of Top Dog Trading Toolkit Add-on for MetaStock
- Author of "Trend Trading For Dummies"(Publisher:Wiley).
- Seminar presenter for several exchanges including the CME Group and Eurex.
- Featured as a case study in the book "Using Candlestick Charting:How To Earn High Rates of Return - Safely"
- Featured as a case study in the book "The Complete Guide to Investing in Derivatives."
- Received several years of Readers Choice Award for "Technical Analysis Web Sites"and "Trading Schools"by Technical Analysis of Stocks and Commodities Magazine.
- Developed a 5 Day Course for WorldWide Traders.
- Headlining speaker at DayTraders USA.
- Headlining speaker for the Market Analysts of Southern California
- Given seminars around the country at many Wealth Expos and Traders Expos
- Interviewed on the Robin Dayne "Elite Masters of Trading"Radio Show.
- Interviewed on Otrader.com
- The former lead moderator of Futures Talk chat room guiding listeners through the open and close of each trading day.
- Currently one of the featured Experts at Trader Kingdom.
- Founded Top Dog Trading, to help students shorten their learning curves in becoming traders.