How to install a Generic Text printer driver?
- Click Start | Settings | Printers.
- Double-click the Add a printer icon. The Add a printer wizard will appear, click Next
- The Add a printer wizard will ask how this printer is to be attached, select Local Printer
- The Add Printer wizard will show you a list of Manufacturers and Printers.
- Scroll through the list of Manufacturers and highlight the GENERIC.
- Highlight the printer named Generic/Text Only in the list of Printers
- Click Next.
- Highlight FILE: Creates a file on disk and click Next.
- A menu will appear that will allow you to select this printer as your Default Printer. Select No to this option and click Next.
- The Add a printer wizard will ask if you want to print a test page, select No and click Finish
You are now set up in Windows with the Generic/Text Only printer.